The board of directors at Victim Support at Court, or V-SAC, seek expressions of interest from individuals with relevant expertise seeking to become volunteer directors of a vibrant charity at a crucial stage in its development.
Victim Support at Court, or V-SAC, is the only voluntary service in Ireland dedicated solely to court accompaniment for victims of crime, their families and witnesses. We are at the forefront of delivering a high-quality court accompaniment service within the Irish judicial system and are currently piloting an expansion project which would see V-SAC become a national service.
In line with legislation, V-SAC directors are unpaid with out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed. V-SAC board meetings usually take place in Dublin city centre.
Duties of Directors include:
- Continuing V-SAC’s commitment to good governance, inclusion and the highest ethical standards
- Attendance at monthly board meetings
- Monitoring the general performance of V-SAC, especially against strategic priorities and an annual work plan agreed by the board
- Leading on specific tasks or strategic objectives, as delegated by the board
- Development of policy in relation to the above areas or others, as required.
- Willingness to serve on ad hoc sub committees as required
- Time commitment: 2-4 hours per month, approx.
V-SAC welcome expressions of interest from potential directors with expertise or high-level experience of the following: HR, Strategic Planning, Risk Management, Finance, Fundraising, Public Relations, Business, the Justice or the Community and Voluntary sectors.
V-SAC is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity and we welcome expressions of interest from appropriately qualified candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Expressions of interest may be made in confidence to the Chairperson at email@example.com. Please submit a Curriculum Vitae, and a brief statement outlining relevant experience and interest before 4pm on Thursday 28th of February 2019.
Further information is available from the above email address.