NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Sankalpa Addiction Services:
Board of Directors of Sankalpa Addiction Services - Seeking expressions of interest
Exciting New Opportunity!
Sankalpa is a community drug and alcohol project that provides support for adults who are affected by problem substance use across a continuum of low threshold crisis intervention services, structured stabilisation programme and a drug and alcohol free reintegration programme. Sankalpa focuses on providing individualised, evidence based and outcomes focused interventions, to service users accessing our services for the Finglas and Cabra area.
“That all presenting drug and alcohol issues can be individually supported.”
“To empower people to address their individual drug and alcohol issues, by providing low threshold access services, day stabilisation programmes and targeted training and employment placements for those in recovery, through advocacy and partnership, leading towards the development of both individual and social recovery, in Finglas and Cabra.”
- Respect and Dignity
- Accountability and Transparency
- Quality improvement
- To support service users on their individual treatment plan regarding their rehabilitation pathway
- Provide a safe working environment for all staff, service users, volunteers and placements by adhering to all Health and Safety legislation including fire safety, data protection, child protection and mental health structures
- To provide a safe therapeutic and learning environment
- To provide high quality interventions in accordance with best practice
- To work in partnership with other agencies to maximise pathways and potential outcomes for our service users
- To provide care and case management and adhere to the National Protocols
- To ensure good working relationships with external service providers
- To operate in a transparent and empowering manner
- To provide a health and wellbeing aspect to our addiction treatment services
- To support service users in achieving their desired goals and to refer them to additional external supports where necessary
- To underpin all our work with a human rights approach
Expressions of interest are now being sought from persons available to serve on the board as Chairperson in a voluntary capacity. As the figurehead of the organisation the Chairperson’s role is pivotal to the success of Sankalpa. Sankalpa is currently undergoing an exciting period of review and looking to expand current services to operate alongside ACCESS, Turning Point and Connect to the Workplace. The Chairperson will be required to give a time commitment of approximately 1.5 days per month.
The responsibilities of the chairperson are to:
- Chair meetings.
- Plan meetings and develop the agenda in conjunction with the secretary and/or the most senior member of staff.
- Provide leadership and ensure the effective operation of the governing body.
- Ensure that decisions made at meetings are implemented.
- Work closely with the Services Manager.
- Undertake the supervision and appraisal of the Services Manager.
- Provide a focus for the governing body of the organisation (please note, however, that the chairperson has no more authority than any other committee member unless this is specified in your governing document).
- Act as a spokesperson for the organisation and/or the governing body.
- Sign and certify the annual accounts for the organisation.
The ideal candidate should have some or all of the following:
- Strong leadership qualities.
- The ability to be impartial and listen to all viewpoints without dominating discussion.
- Organisational Management Experience.
- Executive mentoring/coaching experience.
- A strong working knowledge of The Governance Code for the voluntary and community sector.
- HR knowledge/experience.
- Understand the needs of individuals, families and communities affected by substance use.
- Be fluent in the English Language.
- All expressions of interest should be notified by submission of the one page questionnaire attached below. This should be completed and emailed along with an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Jennifer Clancy @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The board at its meetings will review all applicants and potential candidates will be invited to meet with Board Members before a final decision is made. References will be sought for this position.