Show Some Heart - Bag Pack Coordinator
Irish Heart Foundation
About Irish Heart Foundation
Irish Heart Foundation is Ireland’s only national charity for heart disease and stroke. Our Mission is to lead the fight to save lives and make life better for those suffering from heart disease and stroke. We can only do this work with the support of individuals like you who fundraise and support our campaigns.
Our national campaign – Show Some Heart is taking place this February. A central part of this campaign is a national bag pack taking place in Dunnes Stores locations all over Ireland. The bag pack will take place on Valentine’s Day Thursday, 14th February 2019.
We are currently recruiting volunteer coordinators to assist us in setting up and coordinating these collections. Specific Duties include:
- Recruit and manage a team of volunteers to pack bags in an allocated Dunnes stores in your locality for our Show Some Heart Bag Pack on Thursday 14th February 2019.
- Recruit and liaise with transition year teachers and students to help with the collections.
- Order stock and materials from Irish Heart Foundation for the bag pack collection.
What's required for this position
- A self-motivated person
- Ability to coordinate and motivate volunteers and garner support for the event
- A broad contact base with community / social / sports groups to develop the volunteer network for all activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in Word and Excel is helpful
- Target driven and ambitious
- Full clean driving licence and access to car
Show Some Heart Bag Pack Timeline:
- Begin volunteer helper recruitment
- Assist Irish Heart Foundation with any media launch queries
- Aim to have all bag pack helper positions for your location filled for the Show Some Heart Bag Pack and ensure your helpers are registered online.
- Contact all Bag Pack helpers again to confirm their participations for the Show Some Heart Bag Pack.
- Coordinate all Bag Pack Helpers for your specific location and collect all monies from the helpers.
February 15th – 17th
- Lodge all funds to the Irish Heart Foundation Bank of Ireland account per location.
- Email your regional manager with details of funds raised in your location(s).
- Experience in event management for one of the largest non-profits in Ireland
- Experience in the coordination of 10+ volunteer Bag Pack Helpers
- Event management/ Fundraising
Minimum time commitment: Once Off
Hours required: 10hrs Weekly
Location of volunteering opportunity:
Other location details:
Dunnes Stores locations all over Ireland
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
Also, this is an opportunity suitable for groups/teams of volunteers
Replies to https://irishheart.ie/volunteer-for-our-february-campaign/ or ring 6685001