NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Role Title: Full Time Volunteer - Clinical Governance
Role Purpose: To provide support to the Clinical Lead in ensuring all services in Treatment are meeting their commitments in providing a high quality and safe service.
Reports to: Clinical Lead
Location: Currently The Hub
About Clinical Governance
The Clinical Governance function is made up of 4 areas of work, or pillars:
- Client Involvement
The Clinical Lead is responsible for ensuring that clients accessing Treatment Services are involved in their care and have opportunities to feed into service planning. Activities under this pillar include Client Forums, Complaints/ Feedback, consultation on policies/ service development. Using the data gathered on clients effectively is also a method for ensuring clients needs are informing the direction of the service.
- Risk Management
Assessing and managing risk across all units in Treatment. This includes risk assessments, incident management and administering the Clinical Risk Register.
- Clinical Audit
Ensures the services in Treatment adheres to the standards that govern their work. Audit forms a major component in striving for a high quality, safe service for clients
- Continuous Professional Development
Focus on continually updating knowledge on clinical practice and emerging issues in healthcare. The organisation works with Royal College of Surgeons around this professional development
Core Role Requirements
- Support the Clinical Lead to conduct the various administrative tasks connected to Clinical Governance
- Maintain logs associated with Incident Management (Clinical, Treatment and Naloxone)
- Assist the Clinical Lead to implement the Annual Audit Plan
- Complete audit reports in a timely manner, ensuring any high risk areas identified in an audit are immediately highlighted to the Clinical Lead/ local Service Manager
- Take minutes at various meetings (Steering Group, Fortnightly Managers meetings)
Requirements of all Dublin Simon Volunteers
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to volunteer within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice within your area of work and Dublin Simon as a whole.
- To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner.
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the service. Volunteering during unsocial hours may be required.
- Have a flexible approach to your placement in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time.
- To undertake your volunteering in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This Role Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the placement.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Business, quality, social sciences, administration, community work.(Desirable)
- Proven experience of MS Excel and MS Word. (Essential)
- Knowledge/interest of social sciences/non for profit sector. (Desirable)
- Effective team working (Essential)
- Ability to demonstrate Initiative and responsibility (Essential)
- Excellent communication skills (Essential)
- Strong organisational skills (Essential)
- Attention to detail (Essential)
- Numerical aptitude (Desirable)
- Research skills (Desirable)
- Experience of working in an administration/customer service role. (Desirable)
To apply please email email@example.com