Role Profile: Events & Marketing Intern
Are you interested in gaining hands on experience in the non-profit sector and building your event fundraising and marketing skills?
Amnesty International Ireland is recruiting an Intern to support with events and marketing. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to gain experience working with a busy fundraising team with a specific focus on events and digital communications.
Overall purpose of the job
The Events & Marketing Intern will assist with organising and promoting fundraising events and community fundraising initiatives along with assisting in digital marketing.
Hours of work: 20 hours a week
Duration: minimum 3 months beginning 4th February 2019 to 26th April 2019
Reports to: Community and Fundraising Events Officer
Remuneration: Local public transport reimbursement and daily lunch allowance
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th January 2019
- Support the Event Fundraising Officer in event fundraising activities including organisation and promotion of events.
- Work with the Communications team to use social media to raise awareness of our fundraising activities and events.
- Assist with the management of the Amnesty shop including stock and distribution.
- Assist with the development of fundraising materials.
- Support the fundraising team in all aspects of supporter care including phone calls and mailings.
- Candidate must be flexible and willing to help with other duties as they arise.
Skills / Experience / Desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An interest in social media and digital marketing
- Good telephone skills
- A good working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work both from own initiative and as part of a team
- Candidates must also be flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Personable, friendly and courteous manner
- Volunteering experience desirable
- Interest in human rights issues.
Interested? Click on HERE to send the Amnesty International intern application form, attach a cover letter, explaining why you are interested in and why you are suitable for this position, together with your CV.
It is our strong preference that you apply online. However, if you are unable to complete an online application, you can download the application form from our website and send it to email@example.com or by post to Seán MacBride House, 48 Fleet Street, Dublin 2