Environmental Education Internship
The Rediscovery Centre is a national centre for waste education, research, innovation and enterprise development which aims to demonstrate excellence in waste prevention, reduction, reuse, recycling and recovery. Sustainability is at the core of the Rediscovery Centre, which aims to break away from the traditional views of waste and waste management systems and instead demonstrate the potential of waste resource. For more information please see www.rediscoverycentre.ie
Our new centre in Ballymun, the WISER LIFE project, is transforming the iconic Ballymun Boiler House into a 3D textbook; a novel interactive experience and learning environment designed to stimulate curiosity in the natural, physical and cultural environment and promote sustainable living for the circular economy. The Rediscovery Centre is very active in the field of waste and environmental education. The Rediscovery Centre offers a range of education workshops for primary and secondary school students, which focus on interactive, practical learning about environmental issues. The school workshops are linked to the national curricula and are based on hands-on enquiry and experiential learning tailored to class requirements. Workshops are offered in the Rediscovery Centre’s Boiler House in Ballymun or onsite outreach workshops in schools covering topics related to science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
Environmental Education Intern Responsibilities:
The Environmental Education intern would be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the delivery of Primary School workshops, both in Ballymun and in schools in the greater Dublin area.
- Assisting in the delivery of Secondary School environmental education workshops.
- Assisting in the promotion and delivery of workshops to businesses and corporate bodies
- Development of workshop materials including activity research, activity development and preparation, workbook development and PowerPoint presentations.
- Preparation of materials for workshops.
- Participation in marketing and promotional events.
- Assistance in general administration.
- The intern would also have the opportunity to assist and participate in our other Rediscovery Centre projects.
This position will provide the intern with valuable experience in the fields of waste management, environmental education and sustainable living. The intern will also gain practical skills in presenting, teaching and workshop facilitation. An induction to the Rediscovery Centre, on the job training and supervision will be provided.
Rediscovery Centre, The Boiler House, Ballymun Rd., Ballymun, Dublin 9, D09 HK58
Tel: 01 893 3801, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web: www.rediscoverycentre.ie www.facebook.com/rediscoverycentre