Ballyfermot Advance Project is a confidential community based low threshold project that is open to everyone over the age of eighteen. We work with all individuals affected by drug and alcohol use.
Ballyfermot Advance Project provides a range of services:
- A drop-in centre, which includes the provision of washing facilities, nutrition, social contact and information sourcing.
- Assertive outreach service to make contact with isolated and vulnerable individuals.
- Street Outreach - The Outreach Worker refers clients directly into the Project from their weekly outreach in Ballyfermot.
- In-reach to existing community, voluntary and statutory services in the area.
- Home visits – Ballyfermot Advance Project complete home visits in partnership with the Outreach Worker.
- Provision of harm reduction strategies which includes Needle and Syringe Programme (Fixed site: Tuesday and Thursday 2pm-4pm)
- Provision of Brief intervention, Key working and Case management.
- Group work.
- Community based response to substance use; needs based prevention and intervention focused programmes to young people aged 18 to 25 years old at risk or vulnerable to substance use.
- Brief crisis intervention and family support (5 step method) to enable the family unit cope with a range of drug related issues, and referral to appropriate services.
- Holistic Service.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Willingness to learn and work in line with the organisations policies and procedures.
The Volunteer would be required to:
Support Project Work team in the drop-in. Opening hours of drop-in are Monday Friday 9am-5pm (drop-in closed Tuesday mornings).
Ensure a warm and welcoming environment to all service users in the drop-in.
To signpost in-depth interventions and support needs of service users to Project Worker.
Support the team with general up keep of the drop in area.
This volunteer opportunity is an excellent opportunity for anybody looking to gain hands on experience in the addiction and social care area, to further develop skills and / or to volunteer in a low threshold service. Volunteers will be provided with supervision and training.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require more information, please contact Yvonne Canning 01 6238001.