NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
STEP UP MENTOR
Step Up is our one-to-one teen mentoring programme. Support begins for young people as they transition from primary to secondary school and we continue to provide that support right up to 6th year.
We are looking for new volunteers to start in September 2018.
WHAT'S INVOLVED IN THIS ROLE?
- Building a mentoring relationship with one young person.
- Together with the young person creating goals and working towards them together (goals will include academic, personal and/or social skills).
- Being proactive with young person in coming up with strategies to reach their goals.
- Work as part of a team with staff and other mentors in managing challenging behaviour and organising group activities as required.
- Attending monthly trips with the students.
WHAT'S REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Working from a strengths based approach, being flexible and adapting to change.
- Attending team meetings and training opportunities provided.
- Being familiar with and abiding by all Solas Project policies, including our child protection policy and health and safety guidelines for workers and volunteers.
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
Step Up runs each evening from Monday to Thursday all throughout the school year. You will be required to commit to one evening per week from either 6pm-7.15pm
Location: St Catherine’s Church, Thomas Street, Dublin 8
Screening details for this role:
- Application Form
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interview
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support/ advice/ recognition
- Ongoing training opportunities