The Yard is a social enterprise with the aim to equip young people with skills and knowledge that will empower them to fulfil their personal and professional potential.
ABOUT THE YARD
Our aim to create an environment that builds and strengthens participants' abilities with the ultimate goal of increasing opportunity for employment. Projects in The Yard improve skills and awareness by demonstrating the benefits of teamwork. We share a common goal and measure outcomes to encourage growth in self-awareness.
WHAT'S INVOLVED IN THIS ROLE?
- Supporting our Youth Cultivator to run the programme.
- Building relationships with a difficult cohort of young people in a challenging setting.
- Supervising groups of children and young people partaking in wood turning workshops.
WHAT'S REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Bicycle maintenance skills and / or Wood turning experience or practice
- A sense of enthusiasm and energy.
- Someone who is reliable, patient, resilient and flexible.
COMMITMENT REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
Opportunities available: Flexibility in days to suit
Location: 40 Marrowbone Lane, Dublin 8.
SCREENING DETAILS FOR THIS ROLE
- Application Form
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interview
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS VOLUNTEER ROLE, PLEASE CONTACT EMILY@SOLASPROJECT.IE