NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
BOARD MEMBER WITH CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Outreach Project (DROP) is a community based organisation that provides support services to individuals who are negatively affected by substance misuse. We offer a choice of individual one to one appointments and group programmes designed to support individuals at any stage of substance misuse and with each step we look to assist our service users in defining their progression path across our services or by way of referral to another agency who can better meet their individual needs.
Our mission is to empower positive change through a person centred approach for individuals, families and communities affected by substance misuse and addiction.
Board Members are chosen because they have a wide array of experience, and particular personal qualities to bring to an organisation. They may also provide specialist knowledge which will help provide the organisation with valuable insights. Board Members of DROP help to ensure that the organisation operates effectively and together with the Chairperson are expected to oversee the development of the business plan through their contribution to strategy development, objective setting and robust Governance, Financial and performance oversight. The Board of Management conducts it’s work in compliance with the Governance Code for Community, Voluntary and Charitable organisations.
The role of Board Member with clinical expertise will help DROP to improve and enhance it’s service provision and provide the Board and management with knowledge and expertise in the area of addiction rehabilitation.
Provide a clinical perspective to the organisation and oversight to the review and development of DROP’s service provision across both one to one and group programmes.
All board members
- Take personal and organisational responsibility as a Board Member
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DROP’s Strategic aims
- Raise DROP’s profile as a valued community based rehabilitation service provider and support through attendance and networking at events and meetings, and generate interest in our work from potential stakeholders.
- Support the Chairperson in leading the organisation
- Lead or take part in one off projects as appropriate
- Work in line with the organisation’s governance handbook
- Clinical experience gained in the area of substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation with a strong service delivery background.
- Knowledge and understanding of Addiction, treatment and rehabilitation and workings of organisations similar to DROP
- Experience of implementing new processes and systems
- Passionate about addiction rehabilitation and recovery
- Experience of a Board level role for an organisation of similar size and level of activity an advantage
- Ability to think and plan strategically and take a board perspective of the environment in which the organisation operates
- Have a genuine interest in helping DROP achieve its vision and strategic goals
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and an effective communicator
- Ability to challenge constructively and accept challenge where appropriate
- Good networking skills
- Knowledge of evidenced based treatment models
TERM OF OFFICE
There is an annual performance review at the end of the first year as Board Member. Subject to satisfactory review and board approval the role will continue for an additional period of three years. After this time the Board Member may choose to step down or at the invitation of the Board may undertake a further two-year tenure
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
All Board Members are required to complete a Conflict of Interest Declaration Form on Induction. Any conflicts will be noted and retained on file for the duration of tenure. These will be reviewed annually by the Chairperson of the Board of Management
Board members should not release confidential information gained as a result of their involvement with DROP to any external third party without expressed written consent to do so. All Board Members are expected to work in line with the Governance Handbook and the organisations policies and procedures in relation to confidentiality and data protection.
TIME REQUIREMENT FOR THE ROLE
Below aims to give an approximate indication of the time required for various activities. Meetings take place in DROP, 45 Upper Georges Street Dun Laoghaire at 9am.
Activity and approximate time commitment:
- Core Role including phone calls - 2 hours per month
- Sub committee meetings - All board members sit on one of the 2 Subcommittees. These meet bi-monthly for 1 hour
- Board Meetings - Board meetings take place monthly and last approximately 1.5 hours. The AGM takes place Annually lasting approximately 1 hour
If you are interested in this role – what next?
If all the above sounds interesting and is something that you would like to get involved in please complete the attached Expression of Interest Form and return to Anthea Carry, Manager at email@example.com. If you wish to discuss the role further you can contact Anthea on 01 2803187.