Peer to Peer Support Volunteer
Responsible to: Helpline Co-ordinator
Purpose of Role
- To offer peer to peer support to those seeking support from someone living with Arthritis or
- To offer support to the parent of a child living with Arthritis
- To offer telephone support from your home to someone who has asked for support from one of our Peer to Peer volunteers
- To provide feed-back to the Helpline Co-ordinator following calls to person seeking support
- Promoting the services that Arthritis Ireland offers.
- Length of commitment - We hope that, following initial training, you will continue to act as a Peer to Peer Volunteer for Arthritis Ireland for at least 2 years.
- Estimated hours - We envisage that each Peer to Peer Volunteer will make approx. 2 calls a month with each call lasting no longer than 30 minutes.
Skills & Qualities
E – Essential Criteria
- Personal experience of living with and self-managing arthritis.
- Good communication skills including listening skills (E)
- Good organisational skills (E)
D – Desirable Criteria
- Previous participation in a Living Well with Arthritis Course (D)
- All selected Volunteers will be expected to sign a ‘Peer to Peer’ Volunteer Agreement, which clearly outlines the terms and conditions and expectations of Volunteers.
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 01) 647 0202
The closing date is Wednesday 25th April 2018.