The Finglas Youth Resource Centre (FYRC) are currently looking for volunteers to support the service to deliver youth work programmes to young people between 10-24 years. We are seeking volunteers for our afterschool groups Monday-Friday afternoons, weekend drop in’s on Friday and Saturday nights and interest groups in Music, IT, Arts & Crafts, Photography and sport. We are also looking for volunteers for our LGBT+ and special needs groups.
About Finglas Youth Resource Centre
The Finglas Youth Resource Centre strives to empower young people by providing them with opportunities to learn and grow and become active citizens in their own community.
- Working with young people aged 10-24 years with the aim of building relationships and empowering them to meet their full potential.
- To be enthusiastic and willing to engage in youth work activities and programmes
- Adhering to policy’s and procedures
- Receiving mentorship from Youth Workers
What’s required for this position
- An interest in working with young people
- Long term commitment for one year is Ideal, however short term volunteers are welcome too.
- Garda vetting is also required
Location of the volunteering opportunity
Finglas Youth Resource Centre
Closing Date: 31st March 2018
Contact: Rachel Kelly, Project Leader