Do you have 1-3 hours to spare a week? Would you like the feel-good factor of changing a life?
Le Chéile are looking for male and female volunteers over 21 from the Limerick / Shannon / Ennis areas to become mentors to work with young people involved with the Probation Service and their parents.
Due to under-representation, we are particularly looking for male mentors to work with young people and female mentors to work with parent mentees.
Your Time, Your Support, Your Kindness has the ability to change lives!
Our Volunteers come from all walks of life and often have no previous experience, just a genuine interest in working with people. Full training is provided and expenses covered. Come along to one of our information evenings to find out more.
Volunteering is flexible and can take place during the week, evenings or weekends.
Our recruitment process includes an application form, interview, reference checks, Garda vetting and induction training
Mentors who volunteer with Le Chéile have an opportunity to:
- Encourage change in the life of a young person/parent
- Be a positive and inspiring role model
- Experience new opportunities, meet new people and share their stories and skills
- Develop practical experience in the social care and youth justice field
- Develop their personal and professional skill set
- Make a difference in a young person’s/parent’s life
Application: for details of information evening contact Maxine Kelly, National Volunteer Development Officer at email@example.com or call on 087 201 6801 / 01 214 4352 or apply online at: https://www.lecheile.ie/volunteer/
Closing Date: Friday 16th March 2018