Data Entry Administrator
Title: Part time Volunteer Data Entry Administrator
Location: Different Locations (Dublin City Centre)
Time: 15 hrs, Flexible
Purpose: To provide a administrative support within Dublin Simon Services
Reports to: Service Manager
About Dublin Simon
Dublin Simon Community work to prevent and address homelessness in Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow and Meath. We provide services at all stages of homelessness and enable people to move to a place they can call home
The role of Data Entry Administrator
Dublin Simon Community are currently reviewing their data protection processes (GDPR) and are seeking part - time volunteers to assist our services. The main role involves reviewing files, identifying the gaps based on GDPR guidelines and completing other assigned administrative tasks.
Duties of the Role:
- Data Recording & Checking in line with GDPR
- Filing & Shredding of files
- Review of files in line with GDPR
- Archiving and organising documents
- Update & Maintenance of Spreadsheets
- Various Ad-hoc duties when required
- Previous Office Administration experience
- Microsoft Word & Excel & Outlook (Intermediate level)
- Accurate data entry
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Awareness of data protection and confidentiality procedures
Screening details for this role
- Garda Vetting
- Informal Interviews
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports
- Support and advice
- Initial induction and Data Protection training
- Insurance cover
Requirements of all Dublin Simon
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations
- Contribute to the development of policy and practice with your area of work and within Dublin Simon as a whole
- To report any area of concern to your Service Manager in a timely manner
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the role.
- Have a flexible approach to the role in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time.
- To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This role Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of DSC.
To apply please email a completed application form (attached below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.