We are seeking a part-time Voluntary Chef or Cook for two mornings a week to do preparation and cooking of nutritionally balanced meals for children between the ages of 1 – 5 years in our purpose built childcare centre in Thornton Heights, Inchicore. We are seeking a volunteer who has experience of kitchen work and environment and has a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate NVQ 2 in Food Preparation.
- Assist in planning a schedule of children’s menus promoting nutrition and choice.
- Ensure menus are displayed showing choices
- Ensure children with special diets or with specific cultural needs are catered for with choice
- Prepare and cook nutritionally balanced meals daily
- Tidy and clean preparation and service areas and wash equipment daily
- Washing up of all items used in the kitchen area, maintaining cooking and storage areas are clean & tidy