Overview of the Volunteer Mobile Clinic Assistant
Our Volunteer Mobile Clinic Assistants help with the administration duties on our Mobile Veterinary Clinics. Our Mobile Veterinary Clinics operate from 10 different locations in Dublin. The clinics commence at 6.30pm and operate until 8/8.30pm approximately. The duties of the Mobile Clinic Assistant include filling out client records on our database, taking and recording payments for veterinary services and assisting the vet on duty with any other tasks, this may involve holding an animal on occasion.
Skills, Experience and Qualities required
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Be over 18 years of age
- An interest in animals and animal welfare
- An understanding of the ethos and workings of The Irish Blue Cross
- Flexible work attitude
- Good level of English
- Good writing skills
- Commitment to the ethos of volunteering
Time Commitment on a Voluntary Basis
From time to time a vacancy will arise within our mobile clinic assistant’s panel. We are currently looking to recruit Volunteer Mobile Clinic Assistants with an interest in giving a commitment to one clinic per week and/or to being on standby for holiday and occasional cover.
Locations of Evening Service
The ten regular weekly evening-time locations, Monday to Friday, are as follows:
Monday Cabra and Tallaght
Tuesday Crumlin and Blanchardstown
Wednesday Ballyfermot, Ballybrack and Smithfield
Thursday Finglas and Walkinstown
Benefits to the Volunteer:
- Opportunity to help eligible pet owners receive care for their pets and be a vital member of the mobile clinic team
- Induction and training provided, such as manual handling & Health & Safety courses
- On-going back-up support provided
- Respect and acknowledgement for playing a valued role in delivery of the Charity’s mission to provide services for eligible pet owners on low incomes
If you are interested in joining our team of Volunteer Mobile Clinic Assistants please contact Eilis Nichol (Mobile Clinic Service Co-ordinator) by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and for a copy of the application form.
All our Volunteer positions are subject to reference checks.