Are you considering implementing a mentoring programme in your organisation but are unsure where to start?
Perhaps you wish to volunteer as a mentor and want to gain the skills and knowledge to ensure you take on this role with confidence?
If so, you will benefit from attending this one-day workshop offered by Peer Mentoring Resources, which will cover:
- An introduction to the concept of mentoring and the role of a mentor
- Practical tips and best practice in mentoring programme development
- A checklist of key areas for the first mentoring meeting
- An exploration of how mentors can build the foundations of a good mentoring relationship
- Training in the key skills involved in mentoring
- Guidelines around boundaries and confidentiality
- Exercises and resources for the mentoring process
The training is interactive with a chance for participants to practice their skills through customized role-plays and scenarios.
About the trainer: Katharine Slattery of Peer Mentoring Resources is a trainer and a consultant, with fourteen years experience in the area of mentoring. Katharine has extensive experience of introducing mentoring to organisations in Ireland and her work spans the community, corporate, public and education sectors. You can read feedback from previous training participants here
Date: 10:00am to 5:00pm, 26 March 2020
Location: Dublin Volunteer Centre, Unit 4 Whitefriars, Aungier Street, Dublin 2.
Cost: €220.00. This includes tea/coffee and lunch, as well as a comprehensive training booklet with mentoring resources for your role. Early bird registration (€190.00) is available until 14th February.