Join NALA for our Open Plain English Training
February 19, April 22, June 17
September 23, October 28, December 2
What will I learn?
At our training, you will learn what plain English is and how to:
- identify what makes material difficult to read and understand;
- write and present information using plain English guidelines;
- get feedback from your peers about how easy your material is to read; and
- quickly improve the language, structure and design of your documents and websites.
Who is the trainer?
Seán Driver is NALA’s plain English editor and trainer. Seán has over seven years’ experience as a trainer. He has delivered plain English training to a wide range of groups including web content writers for gov.ie; the INIS communication team; Spun Out; Alice PR; Wexford County Council; PPN workers; College Connect and many more.
Phone: 01 412 7915
Where is the training?
The training will be in the Carmelite Community Centre, 56 Aungier St, Dublin 2.
What will I get on the day?
On the day, we will have a pack for each person who attends. In the pack you'll receive:
- NALA’s Writing and design tips booklet;
- a manual with training information and exercises; and
- NALA’s poster with plain English guidelines.
How do I register?
Please go to NALA.ie and see Upcoming Events to register.
What is the fee?
It costs just €130 or €110 for members of NALA or people who work in the voluntary and community sector. We will provide tea and coffee and sandwiches for lunch. For free resources and more information on plain English, please visit Simplyput.ie.
Looking forward to seeing you at one of our sessions. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org