Certificate Programme in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Studies
Starting Thursday 19 March 2020, 7.00pm – 10.00pm
IICP College are now taking enrolments for our Certificate Programme in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Studies, which commences on Thursday 19 March 2020, 7.00pm – 10.00pm. This course is suitable for those seeking to pursue their awareness and development in the field of counselling and/or who work in the helping/caring professions. Applications are invited with an interest in augmenting their understanding and skills in the area of counselling and psychotherapy.
- To introduce learners to a practical cutting-edge approach to mental health care and counselling.
- To encourage psychological wellbeing within the programme and empower and encourage support networks.
- To provide a warm and challenging environment where students can learn and grow.
- To enable learners to begin to develop a clear and transparent understanding of counselling and psychotherapy that is congruent with the principles associated with bone fide helping professionals.
- To encourage learners to view this course in the context of lifelong learning and personal as well as professional development.
- To augment learners’ interest and to enhance awareness and development in the field of counselling and psychotherapy and/or who work in the helping/caring professions.
- To introduce learners to models of counselling theory as they are applied to individuals in their various relational settings.
- To develop competencies in learners and give them an introduction into ethics in the counselling profession.
- To develop learners’ counselling skills to enable them to improve communication and listening skills.
- To offer learners the opportunity to work on personal development thus promoting self- awareness and personal growth congruent with professional practice.
- To understand the necessity of demonstrating respect and acceptance of the different ways that individuals from diverse socio-economic class, gender and cultural-racial groups construct meaning.
The programme is highly interactive and taught through role-play, lectures, group work and audio/video presentations. The ethos of the course reflects the Quality School model of CT/RT/LM, which promotes a warm, safe environment that is free from fear, criticism and coercion. Participants will have the opportunity to produce and participate in individual written assignments, group projects and group work.
- Introduction into Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Introduction into Counselling Skills
- Introduction into Personal Development
- Special Purpose Award - Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- 20 credits at level 6 National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
- Thursday 19-March-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Thursday 26-March-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Thursday 02-April-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Sunday 05-April-2020 9.30am-4.30pm
- Thursday 16-April-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Sunday 19-April-2020 9.30am-4.30pm
- Thursday 23-April-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Thursday 07-May-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Sunday 10-May-2020 9.30am-4.30pm
- Thursday 14-May-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Sunday 17-May-2020 9.30am-4.30pm
- Thursday 21-May-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Sunday 24-May-2020 9.30am-4.30pm
- Thursday 28-May-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
- Thursday 04-June-2020 7.00pm-10.00pm
Learners who complete the three certificate modules can continue to the BA (Hons) if they so choose.
Fees: €1,300 (inclusive of QQI registration fee of €50.)
For more details or to book on line, please visit our website: www.iicp.ie
Director of Registry & Operations:
086 0499154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
086 2609989 or email@example.com