GOSHH are providing a training day for professionals who work with LGBTI+ Young People in the Mid-West.
The LGBTI+ National Youth Strategy states that organisations should be addressing the following areas
- Discrimination, victimisation, stigmatisation, and abuse
- Bullying and harassment in school, colleges, workplaces, and the community
- Difficulties coming out to families and communities
- Limited understanding by professional service providers and broader society of LGBTI+ issues
- Mental, physical, and sexual health challenges
In response to this, GOSHH are providing this 1 day training. The aim of this workshop is to support professionals working with young people to:
- build confidence to facilitate LGBTI+ discussions
- increase capacity to support service users who identify as LGBTI+
- identify and become familiar with best practice guidelines and policies
- learn to identify homophobic and transphobic behaviour.
- build capacity to support individuals who are experiencing discrimination on the grounds of gender and orientation.
- explore how gender and orientation impacts individuals experience of society.
This workshop has elements of facilitated discussion, participative learning, and personal development. Methodologies include large and small group work, individual reflection, group discussion and audio visual aids.
GOSHH is running the workshop in Limerick City on Wednesday 29th of January at the Absolute Hotel Limerick
The timetable for the workshops is as follows:
- 9.30am – Registration
- 10.00am – Event Start promptly
- 11.15 – Coffee Break
- 13.00 – Lunch
- 14.00 – Afternoon Session Starts
- 15.15 – Coffee Break
- 17.00 – Event Ends
Each one day workshop is provided by GOSHH. A light lunch and snacks will be provided on the day. It is a requirement to attend the full day training.
For more information on the event please contact Patrick McElligott, LGBT Support Project Worker on 061 314354 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is event is funded by The Department of Children & Youth Affairs under the What Works initiative.
Please note that this event is for professionals working with LGBTI Young People only – if you are not working with LGBTI Young People your booking may not be accepted.
Date and Time: Wed, 29 January 2020, 09:30 – 17:00 GMT
Location: Absolute Hotel Limerick, Sir Harry's Mall, Limerick