BSocSc Social Policy and Sociology at UCD (CAO Code DN750)
Career Oriented Bachelor’s Degree with excellent employment prospects
CAO applications are NOW OPEN for DN750, The BSocSc in Social Policy and Sociology at UCD
What the BSocSc in Social Policy and Sociology offers
- One degree, two subjects (Social Policy and Sociology), premier Social Sciences degree in the Republic of Ireland for nearly 6 decades.
- Three distinct pathways: Social Work and Social Professions; Social Citizenship and Public Services; People, Business and Organizations
- Excellent employer recognition, nationally and internationally – this is the standard undergraduate qualification for students who wish to pursue a career in the public social services and policy making in the Republic.
- Potential for direct progression onto Social Work and Social Science Masters programmes. Uniquely in the Republic, students on the Social Work pathway are offered an interview for entry onto the Professional Masters in Social Work in year 2, subject to meeting academic conditions
- Integrated career guidance.
The BSocSc is the gateway to careers in Social Work, Social Care, the Probation service, The Civil and Public Service, Human Resources, journalism and new media, NGOs and Policy Consultancy and Formation
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and we have a number of places specifically allocated to mature and VEC applicants to the programme, so whether you are at the start of your career path, or looking to develop or change your existing path, this is the course for you.
For further information about the programmes and the application process please visit https://www.myucd.ie/courses/social-sciences/social-policy-sociology/. Follow us on Facebook Or contact us by phone: Tel: (+353) 1 716 8198. Email: email@example.com
Visit the CAO website (www.cao.ie) for information on CAO application closing dates. Mature applicants can find more specific information at: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/admissions/myapplication.html.