Trauma informed Practice – Two day training workshop:
This workshop has been approved by The Addiction Counsellors of Ireland for CPD points, with other accreditation pending.
The purpose of this training is to start a conversation about how trauma and adversity affects and has affected those who use the services we provide and the appropriate responses we can implement and offer; to reflect on how others’ trauma experiences may affect those of us providing services – vicarious trauma and; to examine how we, as professionals, volunteers and peer workers, can embrace a trauma informed approach, including self-care, within our practice.
Participants should have some work experience. Suitable for: Therapists and Counsellors (please note: this is not designed for experienced therapists) and those working in Social Care, Youth and Family Care, Nursing Practitioners, Addiction Services and Homeless Agencies.
Dates and Location:
- Dublin, The Skylon Hotel, Drumcondra:
27 & 28 February 2020 (Thursday & Friday)| 09.30am – 4.30pm
For full details on the course please click here: https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/public-training/trauma-informed-practice
About the Course
This programme is designed to start a conversation about how trauma and adversity affects and has affected those we work with and the appropriate responses we can implement and offer; to reflect on how others’ trauma experiences may affect those of us providing services – vicarious trauma and; to examine how we, as professionals, volunteers and peer workers, can embrace a trauma informed approach, including self-care, within our practice.
- Increased understanding of trauma and vicarious trauma
- An awareness of the approaches assisting how we might respond as trauma-informed practitioners - both in practical terms and in terms of encouraging agency responses - bearing in mind that trauma informed training requires a longer process than two days.
- Increased awareness of Trauma Informed Care & Trauma Informed Principles
- Increased understanding of the relationship between trauma and addiction
- Greater awareness of the presence of trauma in participant's workplace
- Better self-care awareness
Attendees will each be awarded a Completion Certificate in “Trauma Informed Practice” from The Learning Curve Institute.
About The Learning Curve Institute:
The Learning Curve Institute is Ireland’s leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace providing a bespoke service to healthcare professionals, education establishments and industry.
Some of the organisations and bodies that The LCI has delivered in house training workshops and courses to over the past 10 years are:
- Health Service Executive
- The Probation Service
- The Defence Forces
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland
- Element Six, De Beers Group
- Merchants Quay
- Maynooth University
- The Simon Communities: Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, Belfast and Cork
- The Homeless Agency
- Peter McVerry Trust
- International School of Lausanne, Switzerland
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique post course support system whereby students are provided with the contact details of the lecturer and are free to contact him/her with any questions they may have.
Price - €225.00
This includes all handouts, materials and certificate from The Learning Curve Institute.
To secure a place on the workshop go to https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/public-training/trauma-informed-practice and book online. For further information or assistance regarding bookings contact the office on 098 25530 or email email@example.com
The course has a limited amount of spaces available so early booking is highly advisable.