QQI Level 6 Family Rights Advocacy Course
This course provides an overview of the Irish Legal System and family law in relation to advocacy in Ireland. Learners will develop an awareness of the main features of family law and understand how legislation influences relationships. They will also become familiar with legal language, procedures and court documents relevant to the family law area. Learners will develop their advocacy skills and the ability to apply what they have learned to the workplace. This course will cover any new legislation regarding family law in Ireland.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Outline definitions of family to include those in Irish Legislation
- Identify the functions of the Irish Courts in relation to families
- Outline the rights, entitlements, services and supports available to families
- Discuss current issues in relation to rights, entitlements, services and supports available to families.
- Research information relevant to families to include rights entitlements and available supports.
This course is run by Community Law & Mediation and Ballymun Community Law Centre, It is QQI accredited in conjunction with the Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed (provider code 380460)
The cost of this course is €595.00 to be paid in full before the course commences (10% discount for CLM Members).
Ballymun Community Law Centre, Unit 1A Shangan Neighbourhood Centre, Shangan Road, Ballymun, Dublin 9 (beside DCU in the Community).
Date & Times
The course will run on a Monday for 12 weeks starting on Monday 20 Jan 2020 from 10am to 2pm. For more information please click here http://bit.ly/33JjI82 or phone 01 8477804.