Building Resilience and Managing Transitions in Mid to Later Life
‘The future is not something out there that we step into but ourselves as we choose to become.’
Changing Gears is a 3-day programme that offers participants time to
- Develop skills and techniques to build resilience and develop confidence in managing life-changes or transitions.
- Reframe later life as a stage with positive options and opportunities, challenging stereotypes about ageing.
The programme is structured so that participants have an opportunity to reflect on transitions they have experienced in the past and life-lessons they have learned. In this way strategies for building resilience and managing change draw on personal experience in order to create a more positive and fulfilling future:
- Day One: Life Transitions (Up to Now)
- Day Two: Building Resilience (Here and now)
- Day Three: Mapping the future (Where to from here)
‘I enjoyed the course. It met my expectations. I was really impressed. It offered a new way of looking at problems and helped me to find different ways of coping. It made me think differently about myself and my capabilities.’ - Dublin Participant
‘The course helped me to light a spark that I had lost. It gave me the confidence to go and apply for another job as I was in a bit of a rut and looking for a new challenge.’ - HSE Staff Member
- Duration: Three days – 4th, 11th, 18th November 2019
- Time: 10 am – 4 pm
- Cost: €250
- Location: Music Room, St. Patrick’s Hall, Marino Institute of Education, Griffith Avenue, Dublin 9
To find out more or book a place on the course, please contact Fiona Holohan on 01-8057798 or at firstname.lastname@example.org visit our website www.ageandopportunity.ie or book through www.eventbrite.ie