Applications now being accepted for the national Foundation Programme in Sexual Health Promotion (FPSHP). The FPSHP will take place in Limerick City in Spring 2020 and will be jointly facilitated by HSE Health Promotion and Improvement and GOSHH.
The aim of the course is to enhance participants’ capacity to incorporate sexual health promotion into their work through the development of their confidence, knowledge and skills in relation to sexual health.
This course is unique in an Irish context in terms of its content, length and approach to sexual health promotion. It is also unique in its blend of participant professions, including front line clinicians, teachers, counsellors, social workers, psychologists, community and youth workers and representatives from the physical and disability sectors, to name but a few.
The course has been awarded CPD points from the following professional bodies:
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland Category 1 (35 CEUs) Approved for Registered Nurses and Midwives
- Irish Association Social Workers Accredited (IASW)
- Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapy (IACP)
The course has been evaluated in 2013 by Trinity College’s School of Nursing and Midwifery and the findings were very positive, particularly in terms of the overall capacity building element of the programme.
The course is FREE and is run 2 days a month over five months and the dates are as follows:
- Tuesday February 11th and Wednesday February 12th 2020
- Tuesday March 3rd and Wednesday March 4th 2020
- Tuesday March 31st and Wednesday April 1st 2020
- Tuesday April 28th and Wednesday April 29th 2020
- Tuesday May 26th and Wednesday May 27th 2020
Please note that a fully completed application form is essential in order to progress to the second stage which is a telephone interview. Shortlisting of candidates may apply on the basis of information supplied on application form. Telephone interviews will be held with shortlisted applicants who have submitted a completed application form in November 2019 and places are allocated based on the outcomes of these interviews.
Further details on this course are on the attached flyer. Applications forms may be obtained from Máiréad Kelly, firstname.lastname@example.org or 061 483 257.
Closing date: Friday 18th October 2019