NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
FREE, One-Day Course.
DATES: Sept 10th 2019 - St Michael’s Hospital, Dun Laoghaire.
Nov 04th 2019 – Russell Centre, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Nov 14th 2019 - St Michael’s Hospital, Dun Laoghaire.
TIME: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Overview: This FREE training course aims to prepare (non-addiction specific) professionals to implement SAOR Screening and Brief Interventions (SBI) for problem substance use.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Critically discuss problem alcohol and drug use as it impacts on their current work or area of practice
- Demonstrate an enhanced knowledge and awareness of contemporary models of screening and brief intervention for problem alcohol and drug use
- Identify problem alcohol and drug users who present in health and social care settings
- Utilise the SAOR model of Screening & Brief Intervention (SBI) in practice based scenarios
- Discuss the application of the SAOR model of screening and brief intervention for problem alcohol and drug use into their practice
The key course content which emerges from the course learning outcomes is outlined below:
- Evidence for the effectiveness of SBI.
- Alcohol and drug related presentations to health and social care settings.
- Contemporary models of SBI for problem alcohol and drug use.
- Overview of the SAOR model of intervention for problem alcohol and drug use.
- Establishing a supportive working relationship with the service users.
- Asking about alcohol and drug use and screening for alcohol and drug related problems.
- Delivering a structured brief intervention based upon the SAOR model.
- Developing appropriate care pathways for service users and arranging appropriate follow up.
- Accessing useful links and reference materials for further reading and research.
How to Apply: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email only to register, please provide:
- Job Title
- Email address
- The training date you wish to register for
Places are limited to 18 per training day and you will be contacted by return email to confirm a place is available.
*Please note refreshments/lunch are not provided.