Are you looking to develop a career working in the community?
If so the INOU are offering an exciting programme designed to help participants develop a career using their life experiences and skills.
The Building Futures programme is a QQI accredited programme with participants working towards a level 5 major award in Community Development. This course includes workplace internships which will draw on participant’s life experiences to enable them to become community workers, peer educators, support workers and mentors. Building Futures is a yearlong full time programme starting in September 2019. The course runs from Monday to Friday 10am – 4.30pm. The venue for the course is yet to be confirmed but will be based in the city centre.
- Experiencing unemployment?
- In receipt of a social welfare payment?
- In and out of work regularly?
- Moving on from a scheme (C.E., J.I., C.S.P. or similar)?
- Have good communication skills?
- Reasonable literacy and I.T. skills?
- Like working with people?
- Speak English fluently?
If so, then you may have what it takes to become a Community Worker.
There is no cost to participate on the Building Futures programme. While training you will receive an ETB training allowance, meal allowance, travel allowance and your secondary social welfare payments will not be affected.
Contact the INOU Training Section on 018560088 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or apply online at https://www.fetchcourses.ie/course/finder?sfcw-courseId=249457
We are holding taster sessions in August which will give you a better sense of the course and allow you to determine if the course is right for you.
Interviews will be held following these taster sessions.
- Participation in Building Futures should not affect your Social Welfare payments.
- ETB (Formerly FÁS/VEC) training allowances apply to this course.