New Steps is a free 8 week, part-time personal development programme specifically designed for those parenting alone or sharing parenting. It is also an introductory course into our New Futures part-time, 24 week programme that is accredited at QQI Level 4. New Steps is aimed at those not working and receiving Job Seeker’s Transition Payment (JST) or the One Parent Family Payment (OFP) but do get in touch if you receive other payments (or none) and we will assess your eligibility for the programme.
Join it to:
- Become more confident
- Gain personal development skills and tools
- Learn more about self care
- Get support and form new friendships with parents in the same situation
- Learn how to balance education, work and family life in the future
When? The upcoming New Steps programme starts on 7th May 2019 and will run until end of June 2019, no classes during school holidays. Classes meet once a week from 10:00-1:00 on Tuesdays.
Where? Classes will take place in One Family’s new premises at 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7
The following supports are also available:
- One to one support and mentoring
- Information, counselling and parenting support
- Travel costs (up to €3 per day)
- Limited onsite childcare and small childcare subsidies may be available
How to apply? Parents interested in participating in New Steps in 2019, can contact us directly by emailing Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call reception on 01 6629212. Closing date for applications is the 26th April 2019.