Open Training College (OTC): Learn how to place the person with a disability at the centre of the decision making process. Accredited 8-week CPD course: Focus on the Individual.
Do you wish to quickly upskill using a very successful and flexible training option?
Build cutting edge Person Centred Planning skills using a blended 8-week learning approach that meets both your practical and academic needs, within the HIQA regulatory environment.
Established in 1992, the Open Training College provides accredited training to people employed, or seeking employment, in the disability/human service and non-profit sectors across Ireland, using an approach developed specifically for people who need to balance their work, life and learning commitments.
The Focus on the Individual: Person Centred Planning course has been created specifically for, and by, people working in the disability sector. It provides people with the practical knowledge and skills needed to become successful in their role within social care.
Leading Excellent Practice in Social Care
"Improving and strengthening our organisation’s understanding of the transformative power of Person Centred Planning is central to ChildVision’s determination to provide the very best social care and education experience to children and young people living with vision impairment, including those with additional disabilities. That’s why I and five of my senior social care colleagues undertook the Open Training College’s level 6 Person Centred Planning module. We were delighted with the course. Accompanied by a very good workbook and supported by strong tutorial input, the course content was very clear, excellently presented, well supported by literature and thoroughly challenging. I and my colleagues learned a lot about practical approaches to implementing and sustaining person centred planning in an organisation and I am happy to recommend the Open Training College. It’s Person Centred Planning course did exactly what it said on the tin!"
Head of Care, ChildVision
Important reasons why you, or a colleague, should consider the Focus on the Individual: Person Centred Planning course:
- Exclusively aimed at people working in disability services
- Applied programme addressing real work issues
- Designed to accommodate the pressures and responsibilities you face
- Develops social care skills and competencies required to deliver person centred services and deliver on the social care needs of the person
- Ensures understanding and application to practice of the statutory and regulatory environment
- Delivers outcomes for the person that lead to an improved quality of life
- Best practice application ensuring the rights, autonomy, equity and participation of the person who uses the service
- Access to a vibrant community of practice to share ideas and align yourself to national and international best practice
- Tutors have first-hand experience of working in front line disability services
- Blended eLearning model ensures limited time out of work and only one workshop to attend.
- Award winning Supported Open Learning model
- Accredited by QQI and is placed at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications. Participants will earn 10 credits towards the BA in Professional Social Care (Disability). See Social Care degree brochure attached.
The course is competitively priced at €395 per participant.
Focus on the Individual: Person Centred Planning
Application Deadline: Thursday April 18th, 2019
Online Induction module starts: Wednesday, April 24th
FOI course starts, online release: Wednesday, May 1st
FOI Workshop: Wednesday, May 8th
Assignment submission: Monday, June 10th
Please click HERE to view the latest Programme information.
Students also use this short course as a gateway to joining the BA in Professional Social Care (Disability) course which will commence in September. Find out more by calling or emailing Conor on (01) 2990580 or email@example.com. Thank you.