A Free, one-day training course
NEW DATE: THURSDAY FEBRUARY 28th 2019 - SWORDS VILLAGE
This course aims to prepare professionals (incl. non-addiction specific workers) to implement SAOR Screening and Brief Interventions (SBI) for problem substance use.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Critically discuss problem alcohol and drug use as it impacts on their current work or area of practice
- Demonstrate an enhanced knowledge and awareness of contemporary models of screening and brief intervention for problem alcohol and drug use
- Identify problem alcohol and drug users who present in health and social care settings
- Utilise the SAOR model of Screening & Brief Intervention (SBI) in practice based scenarios
- Discuss the application of the SAOR model of screening and brief intervention for problem alcohol and drug use into their practice
The key course content which emerges from the course learning outcomes is outlined below:
- Evidence for the effectiveness of SBI.
- Alcohol and drug related presentations to health and social care settings.
- Contemporary models of SBI for problem alcohol and drug use.
- Overview of the SAOR model of intervention for problem alcohol and drug use.
- Establishing a supportive working relationship with the service users.
- Asking about alcohol and drug use and screening for alcohol and drug related problems.
- Delivering a structured brief intervention based upon the SAOR model.
- Developing appropriate care pathways for service users and arranging appropriate follow up.
- Accessing useful links and reference materials for further reading and research.
YOU MUST REGISTER! To register please email your name, role, organisation, email address & preferred date to firstname.lastname@example.org
Places tend to book out very quickly & are limited to 18 per training day.
Please note refreshments/lunch are not provided.