Upcoming HIQA compliant CPD courses in management specifically for the human services sector:
- Fast Track PIC Management course:
- Key Management Skills - one day workshop & eLearning
- Managing Service Quality - one day workshop & eLearning
- Managing for Regulation and Inspection - one day workshop & eLearning
Need a management course that is compliant with the HIQA regulations and will also offer progression routes to higher education qualifications in the future?
Fast Track PIC Management course:
This part-time, flexible course will:
- Improve your managerial practice
- Meet HIQA compliance in relation to the required managerial qualifications
- Assist your networking opportunities within the human services sector
- Offer progression routes to other Higher Education courses in the future.
Key Management Skills and Managing Service Quality are two popular modules that comprise the Fast Track PIC Management course. which is compliant with HIQA management qualification requirements.
Key Management Skills
- 'Learning Together' with the Open Training College - a third level, practical management course worth 10 credits leading to a QQI award (Level 6 on the NFQ) specifically developed for supervisors and managers working in the human services sector.
- Application form deadline: Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
- Online Module preparation: Monday, February 4th
- Course commences online: Monday, February 11th
- Workshop/Seminar (Dublin): Monday, February 18th
- Assignment online submission: Sunday, March 24th
After successfully completing the course you should be able to:
- Describe and critically discuss key aspects of managing people
- Employ a number of theories that are used to explain the management of people
- Critically examine how people are managed in your organisation
- Analyse and evaluate how you manage other people
- Formulate development
To complete the course you will need to write a 2,000-word paper that explores the relationship between the course materials and your role as a manager. Very much a practical assignment, it will provide you with the opportunity to evaluate and expand your working practices in an environment where you have access to expert advice and the support of professional contemporaries. Having access to this learning community provides an opportunity to extend your management abilities in a uniquely supportive environment.
Taking the course:
The course uses a ‘blended’ approach which combines online learning, telephone tutorials and face-to-face workshop/seminars. The OTC supports each student in a number of unique ways whilst understanding the challenges faced when balancing work, study and family life.
Cost: €395 which is payable before you commence the KMS module
Students are asked to apply to the course using our online Application Centre. You will choose the 'Apply for courses 2018-19' green button on that page.
Upon completion of the KMS module, students can be further enrolled by the OTC and commence the second part of the Fast Track PIC Management course by starting the Managing Service Quality module.
Managing Service Quality course schedule:
- a third level, practical management course worth 10 credits leading to a QQI award (Level 6 on the NFQ) specifically developed for supervisors and managers working in the human services sector.
- Application form deadline: Monday, March 25th, 2019
- Online Module preparation: Monday, April 1st
- MSQ course commences online: Monday, April 8th
- Workshop/Seminar (Dublin): Monday, April 15th
- Assignment online submission: Sunday, May 12th
Cost: €395 which is payable before you commence the MSQ module. More details about the MSQ module can be found HERE
Certificate in Managing for Regulation and Inspection
Another short course qualification is our QQI award 'Certificate in Managing for Regulation and Inspection' (Level 6 on the NFQ). This course will also be delivered through blended learning (online and workshops).
- Application form deadline: Monday, April 29th, 2019
- Online Module preparation: Monday, May 6th
- Course commences online: Monday, May 13th
- Workshop/Seminar (Dublin): Monday, May 20th
- Assignment online submission: Sunday, June 23rd
More course details are available HERE