Reflective Practice for Practitioners
(Volunteer and Professional Workers)
Cork, Limerick & Kerry
February – November 2019
Through the collaboration between Bon Secours Community Initiative Fund, Cork Volunteer Centre, SHEP and HSE, it is planned to run four open access Reflective Practice for Practitioners course again in 2019.
All course participants will be highly subsidised by this collaboration
Are you volunteering or working in a community oriented and/or service oriented role? Are you interested in being better able to bring about positive change through your role? Are you interested in reflecting with others, and learning about the under-lying assumptions, motivations, feelings and beliefs that shape your ways of volunteering or working? Are you interested in being better able to bring about positive change in the organisation you are involved in or your community? This part-time SHEP course commencing in February 2019 may be of interest.
An Innovative & Practical Course
This course will be of interest to a wide range of Volunteers and Paid workers involved in a various roles in Community and Voluntary groups, social service agencies, public or local authority - (e.g. education, youth and community work, social work, childcare, health-care, housing, inter-agency work etc.).The aim of this course is to
- Provide for 10-12 participants a space to reflect together on their prior and current practice experiences
- Explore the assumptions, values, beliefs and feelings that underpin participants’ ways of being active in their settings
- Enhance capacity to co-create space for personal and group learning from practice reflection.
A SHEP certificate in Reflective Practice for Practitioners will be awarded where an 80% attendance record is achieved.
€45 personal contribution (covers booking deposit and course book) - the participation of all successful applicants will be fully subsidised
This is an open-access course - applicants must be adults (18 and over) who:
- Have a strong commitment to promoting social change, inclusion, equality and justice and are active in their community or organisation in either a voluntary or paid capacity
- Be volunteering or working in a Community or Voluntary sector organisation, social service agencies, public or local authority (e.g. education, youth and community work, social work, childcare, health care, housing community representative, inter-agency roles etc.)
- Have a willingness to be open in a group setting, sufficient for a process of reflection on the assumptions, values and feelings underpinning their volunteering or work
There will be four options
- Option 1: Cork (Monday, Ballincollig) - Open to all Volunteer or Paid practitioners
- Option 2: Cork (Wednesday, CVC Cork City Centre) - Open to all Vol/Paid practitioners
- Option 3: Kerry (Thursday, Tralee) - Open to all Volunteer or Paid practitioners
- Option 4: Limerick (Thursday) - Open to all Volunteer or Paid practitioners
Closing date: Thursday 31st January 2019.
For Further Information:
Contact the Course Coordinator:
Liam McCarthy SHEP (021) 4666 180