Project Management for Community and Voluntary Organisations:
Initiation, Implementation and Realisation of Change in Community and Voluntary Organisations.
This QQI Level 8 module has been designed at the University of Limerick in conjunction with the Disability Federation of Ireland to provide learners with a comprehensive introduction to project management so that they feel confident in undertaking their own successful projects. The course is primarily aimed towards community, voluntary and disability organisations.
Strategic project management is critical for the community and voluntary organisations. Reliance on funding requires service providers to develop their offerings and secure funding by undertaking projects. This necessitates organisations to be more proficient in completing projects in order to;
- Ensure they deliver the expected the benefit to their service users
- Demonstrate too funders that finances have been effectively exploited
- Avoid Project Drift
The aim of this course is to give the learner an understanding of the methods and techniques to manage projects. In addition, it should help the learner develop a number of skills such as planning, problem solving, team building, leadership and communication.
By the end of this course learners will;
- Be able to define project management and understand the reasons for using it
- Understand the different stages of a project's life cycle.
- Be able to create an effective project plan and understand what is needed
- Have knowledge of the different charts and diagrams that can be used to help plan a project.
- Know how to predict and manage any risks that may hinder the project.
- Know how to maintain the projects progress and ensure that it is completed efficiently.
Applications are now open for this course which will be run over four Saturdays and one Wednesday from February to April 2019. Delivered from Kemmy Business School at The University of Limerick, Limerick.
For further information or to reserve your place contact Claire Gallery firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 202960.
Venue: Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick, Limerick.
Class/Workshop Dates: Four Saturdays/One Wednesday
- Saturday 16th February 2019
- Saturday 2nd March 2019
- Saturday 23rd March 2019
- Wednesday 10th April 2019
- Saturday 27th April 2019
Course Fee: €500.00 (discounts available for DFI members– please inquire)
Graduates from this course may be considered for progression to a One Year Specialist Diploma in Quality Management at Level 9 of the National Framework of Qualifications.
For further information on this course please contact the SOLA Administrator, Claire Gallery at 061 - 202960 or email email@example.com