The Organic Centre in Leitrim is a charity, which is a leader in its field of organic growing and sustainable living. It has been established since 1995. The centre is located on a 19-acre site in Co Leitrim and operates from an ecologically designed, grass roof, award-winning building. More recently the Organic Centre was the 2016 winner of the National Organic Awards for Best Fresh Produce with our signature salad bags.
The aim of the centre is to provide training and education, information and demonstration of organic gardening, growing and sustainable living.
Join our leading organisation in certified organic horticultural training in Ireland as we continue our Full Time QQI course in Horticulture in 2019!
- The Level 5 QQI accredited course in horticulture at The Organic Centre is set to commence in February 2019.
- It is fully funded by MSLETB (Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim Educational training Board).
- The course lasts 52 weeks – in tune with the growing season – and is full time, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. The only such course in Ireland!
- Trainees are expected to attend daily and are taught in a variety of ways including practical training in the garden, orchard and polytunnels, classroom sessions, demonstrations and guided walks.
- Successful application can qualify for a training allowance equivalent to Job Seekers Allowance and may qualify for rent allowance if needing to relocate.
- Spend time in our diverse gardens and polytunnels and practice your growing skills
- When not studying participants can enjoy the outdoor life of the stunning NW of Ireland.
- Avail of our Expert trainers in the field of Organic growing.
- Selection for the 15 places is by interview in February from a list supplied by MSLETB, Ballytivnan, Sligo.
Those interested in inclusion on that list are asked to register their details with their local INTREO office or MSLETB office, Sligo between now and mid January 2019 and/or on the MSLETB website. http://mayosligoleitrim.etb.ie/search-courses/?sfcw-courseId=232909
For more details please contact Steve, Phil or Sabine on
071 9854338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org