NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) Workshop:
This workshop has been approved for CPD credits by The Addiction Counsellors of Ireland
The Community Reinforcement Approach programme is a 2 day training workshop which will be delivered this October in Limerick.
The Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) is a comprehensive behavioural programme for treating substance-abuse problems. It is based on the belief that environmental contingencies can play a powerful role in encouraging or discouraging drinking or drug use. Consequently, it utilises social, recreational, familial, and vocational reinforcers to assist consumers in the recovery process. Its goal is to make a sober lifestyle more rewarding than the use of substances.
This training would be suitable for Psychologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Youth Workers and Social Care Workers
Date and Location:
- Limerick: 24 and 25 October 2018
(9.30am – 4.30pm)
For further information please click here: https://www.thelearningcurve.ie/community-reinforcement-approach-cra
About the Course:
Students will receive handouts and relevant literature to enable them to develop their understanding of The Community Reinforcement Approach. Throughout the training students will have the opportunity to observe and practice the theory of working with people using a CRA approach through role-plays and scenarios provided by the trainer. There will be the opportunity over the training to allow participants to experience “real” situations and scenarios to transfer the theory of the course into practice.
The aim of this two day workshop is to provide an overview of CRA and to provide information on the approach and its principles. There will be time allocated to practice the skills associated with CRA. There will be “real” scenarios taken from the group and then worked on using these skills. This is done to enhance the learning experience and to make the connection between theory and practice.
- To equip students with the tools to enable them to develop and build on their own skills in working with clients while using a CRA approach and principles.
- To strengthen and underpin existing knowledge in relation to CRA within the group.
- To enhance confidence in participants in working with clients who are experiencing addiction while using CRA.
- To become familiar with the theory and principles of CRA.
- To provide space and time for participants to become familiar with CRA and allowing time to explore the skills associated with working with people using CRA tools and skills. This will be achieved by role plays of “real clients” taken from the group.
Certificate of attendance in “An Introduction to Community Reinforcement Approach” from The Learning Curve Institute.
About The Learning Curve Institute:
The Learning Curve Institute is Ireland’s leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace offering a public and a bespoke service to healthcare professionals, education establishments and business.
Some of the organisations and bodies that The Learning Curve Institute has worked with over the past 8 years are:
- Peter McVerry Trust
- Simon Communities in Dublin, Mid West, Galway, Belfast and Cork
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland
- Merchants Quay Ireland
- HSE: We have delivered training on behalf of the HSE to addiction staff in 10 locations around Ireland.
- The Defence Forces
- The Probation Service
- DePaul Ireland
- The Homeless Agency
- Leysin American School, Leysin, Switzerland
- North Dublin Region Drug and Alcohol Task Force
- Western Region Drugs Task Force
- The Adult Homeless Persons Office
- The Crinan Youth Project, Dublin
- Sutton Park School, Dublin
- St Leo’s College Carlow
- Good Shepherd Services Cork
- The Ana Liffey Drug Project
- Bushypark Treatment Centre
- Southill Family Resource Centre
- Drogheda Homeless Aid
- Roscommon Leader Partnership
- NUI Galway
Price per person: €199.00
This includes all handouts, materials and certificate from The Learning Curve Institute.
To secure a place on the workshop go to: http://www.thelearningcurve.ie/book-now and book online. For further information or assistance regarding bookings contact the office on 098 25530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online payment in full is necessary to book a place on this workshop.
The course has a limited amount of spaces available so early booking is highly advisable.