Workshop for Front line staff who Deal with Challenging Behaviour:
This Challenging Behaviour training workshop is delivered by The Learning Curve Institute over one full day in Limerick and Dublin this October and November.
This training programme will explore the area of challenging behaviour and conflict as it arises with people and provide ways of dealing with this issue. It will allow participants the time and space to strengthen and underpin existing knowledge in relation to this area. Anger management is an essential part of any professional’s training pack. This programme is also designed to introduce workers to the concept of anger management and offer practical ways of teaching anger management to clients.
The course is ideal for front line staff working in mental health, addiction, counselling or in the community or voluntary sector who would like to upskill and be trained in dealing with these challenges by one of Ireland’s leading specialist trainers in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace.
Dates and Location:
- Limerick, Limerick Education Centre, Dooradoyle Rd:
03 October 2018 | 09.30am – 04.30pm (Wednesday)
- Dublin, Skylon Hotel, Drumcondra:
14 November 2018 | 09.30am – 04.30pm (Wednesday)
For full details on the course please click here:
Students will receive handouts and relevant literature to enable them to develop their understanding of Conflict and Anger Management appropriate to this level. In the session participants will have the opportunity to observe and practice dealing with conflict through role-plays and scenarios provided by the trainer. There will be the opportunity to allow participants to experience ‘real’ situations and scenarios and to transfer the theory into practice when dealing with challenging behaviour.
- To explore the nature of conflict and challenging behaviour.
- To enhance confidence in participants when dealing with conflict and to equip workers with information on dealing with conflict.
- To build on and expand existing knowledge of conflict, anger and challenging behaviour.
- To increase knowledge with practical examples of dealing with challenging behaviour and conflict.
- To provide space and time for participants to become familiar with dealing with conflict and how to overcome situations of conflict and challenging behaviour.
- To equip participants with the tools to enable them to build on their own anger management skills and to enhance their confidence using these skills
- To familiarise participants with the principals of anger management
Attendees will each be awarded a Certificate in “Dealing with Challenging Behaviour” from The Learning Curve Institute.
About The Learning Curve Institute:
The Learning Curve Institute is a leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace providing a bespoke service to healthcare professionals, education establishments and business.
Some of the organisations and bodies that The Learning Curve Institute has worked with over the past 8 years are:
- Peter McVerry Trust
- Simon Communities in Dublin, Mid West, Galway, Belfast and Cork
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland
- Merchants Quay Ireland
- HSE: The company has delivered training on behalf of the HSE to addiction staff in 10 locations around Ireland.
- The Defence Forces
- The Probation Service
- DePaul Ireland
- The Homeless Agency
- Leysin American School, Leysin, Switzerland
- North Dublin Region Drug and Alcohol Task Force
- Western Region Drugs Task Force
- The Adult Homeless Persons Office
- The Crinan Youth Project, Dublin
- Sutton Park School, Dublin
- St Leo’s College Carlow
- Good Shepherd Services Cork
- The Ana Liffey Drug Project
- Bushypark Treatment Centre
- Southill Family Resource Centre
- Drogheda Homeless Aid
- Roscommon Leader Partnership
- NUI Galway
This includes all handouts, materials and certificate from The Learning Curve Institute.
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique post course support system whereby students are provided with the contact details of the lecturer and are free to contact him/her with any questions they may have.
To secure a place on the workshop go to: http://www.thelearningcurve.ie/book-now and book online. For further information or assistance regarding bookings contact the office on 098 25530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online payment in full is necessary to book a place on this workshop.
The course has a limited amount of spaces available so early booking is highly advisable.