NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
An Introduction to Motivational Interviewing Workshop – an approach to help individuals who are ‘stuck’ or resistant to change
Would you or your colleagues benefit from tools to help individuals who are ‘stuck’ or are resistant to change? This Motivational Interviewing workshop will show you how this approach can bring about behavioural changes by assisting individuals to explore and resolve doubt and indecision. It is especially helpful with individuals who are less motivated and are experiencing resistance to change.
This workshop has been approved for CPD points by The Psychological Society of Ireland, The Addiction Counsellors of Ireland and is awaiting accreditation approval from other bodies. Please check with the Learning Curve Office on 098 25530 for an update.
This Motivational Interviewing training workshop is delivered by The Learning Curve Institute over two full days in Dublin in September. Motivational Interviewing is a person-centred approach that elicits behavioural changes by assisting individuals to explore and resolve ambivalence. Research has shown Motivational Interviewing to be helpful with a wide range of client groups and issues. The workshop will equip the attendees with a sound understanding of Motivational Interviewing theory and skills.
The course is ideal for anyone working in addiction, counselling, human resources or in the community/voluntary sector who would like to upskill and be trained in Motivational Interviewing from one of Ireland’s leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace.
Dates and Location:
- Dublin, The Skylon Hotel, Drumcondra:
20, 21 September 2018 | 10am – 4pm
For full details on the course please click here:
About the Course:
Developed by Miller and Rollnick, this approach is especially helpful with individuals who are less motivated. Research has shown Motivational Interviewing to be helpful with a wide range of client groups and issues. This two day course will equip the attendees with a sound understanding of Motivational Interviewing theory and skills. The objective of this two day workshop is to provide the theory of Motivational Interviewing and the space to practise the skills associated with Motivational Interviewing.
- To equip students with the tools to enable them to develop and build on their own counselling skills.
- To build on and expand existing knowledge in relation to Motivational Interviewing within the group.
- To enhance confidence in participant’s use of Motivational Interviewing Skills.
- To become familiar with the general Principles of Motivational Interviewing
- Express empathy
- Develop discrepancy
- Roll with resistance
- Support self-efficacy
- Avoid arguments.
- To provide space and time for participants to become familiar with Motivational Interviewing and use the following core skills:
- Use of Open-ended questions
- Reflective Listening
- Eliciting “change talk”
Attendees will each be awarded a Certificate in “An Introduction to Motivational Interviewing” from The Learning Curve Institute.
About The Learning Curve Institute:
The Learning Curve Institute is a leading specialist trainer in mental health, addiction and best practice in the workplace providing a bespoke service to healthcare professionals, education establishments and business.
Some of the organisations and bodies that The Learning Curve Institute has worked with over the past 8 years are:
- Peter McVerry Trust
- Simon Communities in Dublin, Mid West, Galway, Belfast and Cork
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland
- Merchants Quay Ireland
- HSE: The company has delivered training on behalf of the HSE to addiction staff in 10 locations around Ireland.
- The Defence Forces
- The Probation Service
- DePaul Ireland
- The Homeless Agency
- Leysin American School, Leysin, Switzerland
- North Dublin Region Drug and Alcohol Task Force
- Western Region Drugs Task Force
- The Adult Homeless Persons Office
- The Crinan Youth Project, Dublin
- Sutton Park School, Dublin
- St Leo’s College Carlow
- Good Shepherd Services Cork
- The Ana Liffey Drug Project
- Bushypark Treatment Centre
- Southill Family Resource Centre
- Drogheda Homeless Aid
- Roscommon Leader Partnership
- NUI Galway
The Learning Curve Institute offers a unique post course support system whereby participants are provided with the contact details of the lecturer and are free to contact them with any questions they may have.
Price: €199.00 per person
This includes all handouts, materials and certificate from The Learning Curve Institute.
To secure a place on the workshop go to: http://www.thelearningcurve.ie/book-now and book online. For further information or assistance regarding bookings contact the office on 098 25530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online payment in full is necessary to book a place on this workshop.
The course has a limited amount of spaces available so early booking is highly advisable.