3 DAY ABLE TRAINING PROGRAMME: OCTOBER DATES ADDED - NOW BOOKING THROUGH EVENTBRITE
Relational based training for front-line practitioners
Subsidised fee €300 pp or €250 Early Bird pp - includes course manual, certificates, lunch & refreshments
Approved for CPD purposes by the following organisations:
- IASW (Irish Association of Social Workers)
- SCI (Social Care Ireland)
- NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) for 16.5 NMBI CEUs
- RCSI Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery for 16.5 CEU's
- ICGP (Irish College of General Practitioners)
“The evidence is now indisputable: good quality relationships not only give our lives meaning, but couple, family and social relationships hold the keys to;
- Children’s educational attainment,
- Child and adult mental health & wellbeing,
- Quality of life for people in later life,
- Preventing crime and anti-social behaviour”
Ref: Dr David Marjoribanks | 10 February 2016 All Together Now | A 2025 vision for supporting good quality relationships Commissioned by the Department for Work and Pensions, UK
Ag Eisteacht provide a comprehensive 3-day training programme for front-line practitioners which equips them with the skills, the language and a process to adopt a relational approach to their work.
Learning Aims & Outcomes:
Following the training, participants will be able to:
- Use the skills of the brief intervention model ABLE in day to day practice to provide opportunities to clients and colleagues, to share concerns and challenges they face in establishing and / maintaining healthy and supportive relationships;
- Identify the challenges service users may have in building supportive relationships and gain insights into what their behaviour may mean using evidence based information;
- Incorporate mentalisation based skills (i.e. perceiving and interpreting human behaviour in terms of intentional mental states e.g. needs, desires, feelings, beliefs, goals, purposes, and reasons) into their work and outline how they will continue to develop these.
This training is relevant to frontline practitioners working directly with families. Past participants come from a range of backgrounds including:
- Public Health Nurses
- Social Workers
- Speech & Language Therapists
- Youth & Family Support Workers
- Early Intervention Therapists
Feedback from previous participants includes:
Do it! It will change your way of thinking and allow you to make positive interventions
It is a course well worth completing and will enhance our professional abilities as well as self-care
It was informative, relatable and useful tool. Provides space to reflect on practice
I would say it is a good reminder of what is important in our relationships with clients
What is the course cost?
The Early Bird fee is €250 per person until the 17th and 18th of October. The General fee paid after this date is €300, both are payable through Eventbrite. You can also contact us on 021-5005915 to arrange an alternative payment method or email Stacey on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long is each training day?
The training will be delivered by two experienced and licensed Ag Eisteacht trainers over 3 days which run from 9.30am to 4.30pm. The first day is held two weeks before the second and third, which are held consecutively.