3 DAY ABLE TRAINING PROGRAMME
NOW BOOKING THROUGH EVENTBRITE | EARLY BIRD FEE AVAILABLE
Relational based training for front-line practitioners
Early Bird Subsidised Fee- €250 pp includes Course Manual, Attendance Certificate, Lunch & Refreshments
Approved for CPD purposes by the following organisations:
- IASW (Irish Association of Social Workers)
- SCI (Social Care Ireland)
- NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) for 16.5 NMBI CEUs
- RCSI Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery for 16.5 CEU's
- ICGP (Irish College of General Practitioners)
“The evidence is now indisputable: good quality relationships not only give our lives meaning, but couple, family and social relationships hold the keys to;
- Children’s educational attainment,
- Child and adult mental health & wellbeing,
- Quality of life for people in later life,
- Preventing crime and anti-social behaviour”
Ref: Dr David Marjoribanks | 10 February 2016 All Together Now | A 2025 vision for supporting good quality relationships Commissioned by the Department for Work and Pensions, UK
Ag Eisteacht provide a comprehensive 3 day training programme for front-line practitioners which equips them with the skills, the language and a process to adopt a relational approach to their work.
Learning Aims & Outcomes:
Following the training, participants will be able to:
- Use the skills of the brief intervention model ABLE in day to day practice to provide opportunities to clients and colleagues, to share concerns and challenges they face in establishing and / maintaining healthy and supportive relationships;
- Identify the challenges service users may have in building supportive relationships and gain insights into what their behaviour may mean using evidence based information;
- Incorporate mentalisation based skills (i.e. perceiving and interpreting human behaviour in terms of intentional mental states e.g. needs, desires, feelings, beliefs, goals, purposes, and reasons) into their work and outline how they will continue to develop these.
This training is relevant to frontline practitioners working directly with families. Past participants come from a range of backgrounds including:
- Public Health Nurses
- Social Workers
- Speech & Language Therapists
- Youth & Family Support Workers
- Early Intervention Therapists
Feedback from previous Limerick participants includes:
This is a course that gives you tools for both professional practice as well as personal development.
- Jonna, Project Coordinator
The course is very relevant & helps me reflect more on my ways of working, and gives good insight on how to use the ABLE model me reflect more on my ways of working, and gives good insight on how to use the ABLE model
- Cathal, Youth and Family Support Worker
I found it so useful to re-focus myself on what we can do and what is achievable when you have a short window of time with a service user, with their parent or even a staff member. I can highly recommend the course and the trainers are excellent.”
- Aoife, Regional Services Manager
What is the course cost?
€250 is the Early Bird, subsidised fee which is available for those paying up to three weeks before the commencement day of the course. €300 is the Standard Subsidised Fee which is applicable to all bookings made less than three weeks prior to the start date of the course
€230 per person is the Group Discount for payment for three or more people on the same course. This group discount is also available up to three weeks prior to the commencement of the course subject to the availability of places
This is payable through Eventbrite. You can also contact us on 021-5005915 to arrange an alternative payment method.
How long is each training day?
The training will be delivered by two experienced and licensed Ag Eisteacht trainers over 3 days which run from 9.30am to 4.30pm. The first day is held two weeks before the second and third, which are held consecutively.
For further information please visit the Ag Eisteacht Website