NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Good Governance Awards (GGA) is an initiative that recognises and encourages adherence to good governance practice by nonprofit organisations in Ireland.
The Awards were developed in 2016 by Carmichael and are supported by Boardmatch, Charities Institute Ireland, Dóchas, Enclude, Volunteer Ireland, The Wheel, together with our corporate partners; 2into3, Chartered Accountants Ireland, Davy, Dept. of Rural & Community Development, Mason Hayes & Curran, Mazars Ireland and The Governance Company.
There are 2 award types and 5 entry categories based on the income size of the organisation, from those with an annual income of under €250k to those with an annual income of over €15m.
- Annual Reports Award
The Good Governance Award seek to acknowledge, encourage and promote good governance practice primarily in the area of annual reports.
- Best Governance Improvement Initiative Award
This award will recognise initiatives that have been taken in the last 12-18 months to improve the quality of the nonprofit’s governance. Nonprofits can submit their good governance initiatives, setting out (briefly – max 750 words) the governance issue(s) they addressed, the actions they took and the impact that this has had for the organisation.
Organisations may enter for either award type or for both.
- To enter, the organisation must be an Irish nonprofit organisation (i.e. it has a registered office in the Republic of Ireland).
- A nonprofit organisation must upload their entry to the GGA website by the closing date (13th September 2019). The 2019 Good Governance Awards are open for submission from 1st June 2019.
- Shortlisted listed organisations may be asked to supply additional information to assist the judges in their adjudications.
- See www.goodgovernanceawards.ie for more information.