The Charities Regulator launched the first set of guidance materials and templates for the Charities Governance Code. The Charities Governance Code Toolkit will assist charity trustees to implement the Code within their organisations.
“The purpose of the suite of guidance materials and templates is to assist charities in meeting the minimum standards set out in the Code, thereby enabling charity trustees to effectively manage and control their organisations,” the Charities Regulator’s interim Chief Executive Helen Martin said.
“In addition to publishing guidance materials and templates, we also hope to roll out training nationally on the Charities Governance Code in the second half of this year,” Ms Martin continued.
The seven documents, which make up the first tranche of the Charities Governance Code Toolkit are as follows:
- Legal duties of charity trustees(Infographic);
- Risk Management for Charities(PDF document);
- Risk Register template(WORD document);
- Guidance note on minute taking(PDF document);
- Appendix A - Explanatory sample board minutes(PDF document);
- Appendix B - Board minutes template(WORD document);
- The role of the Chairperson of a charity (PDF document).
This year is the ‘learning year’ where the Charities Regulator is asking charity trustees, i.e. anyone on the board or committee of a charity, to prepare for the Code. Charity Trustees can expect to see the Toolkit’s second set of guidance materials and templates within the next few weeks. Please keep your eye on our website and social media channels for further updates on the new documents and templates.