FRIDAY NOVEMBER 30TH 2018
THE MALT HOUSE
Although there is much talk of the bounce in the economy “The boom is back” the cranes visible in the skyline…. The reality is very different for a large number of people in our society, particularly in the south inner city.
We are witnessing more and more people experiencing significant problems with alcohol and drug use.
We are dealing daily with people struggling with addiction, personal and mental illness, and homelessness.
We have had over 3000 visitors to our service so far this year, yet we have not received any additional funding from the state since 2008, ten years ago!!!!!
Our fundraising helps to give:
- Meals to those who otherwise may not get one.
- Guidance and support via counselling,
- Care planning to the most vulnerable people.
- Help release stress and deal with addiction through
- Yoga, Art, and Creative writing.
We will continue to help build the esteem and confidence of people whose lives have been practically destroyed, so they can move forward with confidence and dedication for a brighter future for themselves, family and community around them.
That is why we are specifically asking YOU to help by doing some of the following:
- Take out an advertisement that will appear in our glossy Race Night programme. €100 full-page.
- Sponsor a race, again your business will appear in the glossy programme. €100
- Donate something for a spot prize on the night.
- Come along to the Race Night have the craic and support the Drug & Alcohol Team at the same time