Gambling Awareness Trust (GAT) is an Independent voluntary charity, that has been developed to provide funding to organisations for research, education, awareness and treatment services to help reduce problem gambling related harm in Ireland.
Our goal is to maintain the highest standards of stewardship over essential services supported by the GAT, including establishing strategic directions and program policies, conducting comprehensive gambling prevalence research. developing needed infrastructure, and operating effective procurement, funding, and reimbursement systems.
Gambling Awareness Trust is now accepting Expressions of Interest from service providers seeking funding to provide any of the following services;
- Phone counselling service 7 days a week
- Face-to-face counselling sessions Nationwide
- Promote general public awareness about gambling and risks
- Provide education and early-prevention work
- Provide relapse prevention
- Offer support online with self-help and mutual aid initiatives
- Conduct National gambling research & prevalence study
Application forms are attached and completed forms should be sent by email to: info@GamblingAwarenessTrust.ie. Closing date for applications for this round of funding is July 5th 2019.
All Expression of Interest forms will be reviewed by GAT and a shortlist of possible applicants will be contacted in August 2019 for further information. Following an extensive review of shortlisted applicants, funding will be provided to approved applicants in early Autumn.