The Social Enterprise Development Fund is a €1.6 million fund created by Social Innovation Fund Ireland (SIFI) in partnership with Local Authorities Ireland and funded by IPB Insurance and the Department of Rural and Community Development. In 2019, the fund will support up to 16 Social Enterprises with cash grants and a place on the Accelerator Programme.
The objective of the fund is to find and back social enterprises that add to the social and economic fabric of their community by way of social impact.
All successful applicants will win a place on Ireland’s only National Accelerator Programme specifically designed for social enterprises. The Accelerator Programme will equip social enterprises with the skills they need to scale up and deepen their social impact.
We are seeking applications from social enterprises that:
- Have a clear social mission that addresses a critical social issue
- Generate income from goods or services
- Are already up and running
- Reinvest any surplus into achieving their mission
- Have a not-for-profit legal form
- Are separate from Government and State Agencies
- Have their main impact in the Republic of Ireland
Find out more and apply here.
Deadline for applications is the 25th of January 2019.