Join STAND and the Global Citizen Award for a free webinar on honing your writing skills for justice + equality issues!
About this Event
Engaging written pieces on justice and equality issues can change the hearts and minds of people, and put you on track to becoming a more active and engaged citizen.
Everyone has issues that matter deeply to them, whether they are:
- Your own personal issues (e.g. not being able to afford mental health services)
- Matters in your local community (e.g. a lack of access to quality education in your local area)
- Problems that affect your entire country (e.g. the housing crisis)
- Large scale issues that impact the world (e.g the climate crisis)
In this Writing for Justice and Equality webinar, you will learn how to craft opinion articles that will engage your target audience.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Consider other opinions
- Looking at examples
- Successfully argue for your own idea
- Find out how you can get started with publishing your work through STAND News
During the seminar, we will look critically at different samples of articles on justice and equality issues, and dive deeper into what makes them successful/unsuccessful.
There will also be an optional follow-up assignment, on which you can receive feedback from the STAND and Global Citizen Award team.
*Webinar link: This will be sent to all those registered on the 9th of March, 2020*
This webinar is kindly funded by Irish Aid, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.