Disability, hostility and the meaning of community safety
Friday 6th December, 2019, 11am-4pm
Irish Human Rights & Equality Commission
This one-day seminar organised by the Institute for Social Science in the 21st Century / School of Applied Social Studies, UCC, aims to launch findings from the Irish Research Council-funded research project ‘Disability & the Creation of Safe(r) Space’, and bring together speakers to explore the issue of disability, hostility and community safety in Ireland.
- Suzy Byrne, Disability activist & Regional Manager, National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities
- Dr. Claire Edwards & Nicola Maxwell, UCC
- Dr. Andrew Power, University of Southampton, UK
- Superintendent Kevin Daly, Garda Bureau of Community Engagement
- Molly Potter & PC Stephanie Rose, I Am Me Scotland & Police Scotland.
The event is free, but booking is required. Bookings can be made at the following link: