Health Management Institute of Ireland
2nd October 2019 (09.15 – 16.00)
The Concert Hall, RDS, Dublin
People Passion Performance: Applying learning for better healthcare.
We are looking forward to our annual conference which will take place once again in the Concert Hall, RDS, Dublin on the 2nd of October, 2019. The focus this year is on the three Ps which are at the core of our health service. There is no doubting the passion that people working in the health services bring to their roles. We are right too, to acknowledge the achievements of the health services, major and minor, those successful outcomes that are the hallmark of a modern service. On the other side, there have been systems failure, performance errors and poor patient experiences which also form a backdrop to any review of the health services. If we are getting some of it right, why can’t we learn to do better more of the time?
Our annual conference provides a real learning opportunity to discuss and learn from the experiences of our colleagues. An exciting and expert line up of speakers, including new HSE CEO Paul Reid, will provide an intensive and stimulating programme.
The conference offers an unique opportunity for managers to meet and network with colleagues in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Jim Daly, Minister of State. Department of Health
- Suzie Bailey, Executive Director of Leadership and Organisational Development Team, King’s Fund
- Suzanne Costello, Chief Executive, Institute of Public Health Ireland
- Dr. Tom Keane, former Director of the National Cancer Control Programme and current Chair of the Sláintecare Implementation Advisory Council
- Prof. Brendan Kelly, Professor of Psychiatry at Trinity College Dublin, Consultant Psychiatrist at Tallaght University Hospital and Clinical Professor at UCD School of Medicine and Medical Sciences
- Paul Reid, Chief Executive Officer, Health Service Executive
- Dr. Gabriel Scally, President of Epidemiology and Public Health, Royal Society of Medicine and Chair of the Soil Association.
Download the brochure: www.hmi.ie/conference
Book online: https://www.hmi.ie/conference/registration/