Young People Empowered and Informed
Date: Friday 1st November 2019
Venue: The Round Room, Mansion House, Dublin
Time: 10am – 4pm
This national conference and youth summit is for young people and practitioners interested in learning more about how to support positive sexual health for young people.
This event will highlight and discuss the issue of sexual health and the rights of young people to inclusive, holistic and accurate sex education and information. The event will feature key note speakers, interactive workshops, panel discussion and arts based sessions and will provide a space for young people to have their voices heard on sexual health rights. The conference and youth summit will open and build on a national dialogue to share learning between young people and decision makers on the issue of sexual health and the rights of young people.
This event is being led by Youth Work Ireland's 'Sex Talk Team' who are a group of passionate and active young people who have one clear aim - to make sex education for young people, by young people and to young people!
This conference is for young people aged 14+, youth workers, youth educators, policy makers and anyone interested in learning more about how to support young people around issues of sexual health.
Speakers & Contributors
- Riyadh Khalaf - Blogger, Author & Broadcaster
- Anna Keogh aka 'bananas sex ed' - Sex Educator
- Roe McDemott - Journalist
- Louise Bruton - leglessindublin.com
- Robbie Lawlor - Doctoral Scholar in Sexuality Studies, DCU & Co-Founder of Access to Medicines Ireland
- Annette Honan - NCCA
- John Gilmore - Sr. Lecturer at Canterbury University
- Sue Redmond - Mindfulness & Leadership Education Consultant
- Senator Ivana Bacik
- Daniel Airey - Disability Blogger 'Dan & Darragh Do Ability' & First Dates Ireland
more speakers and contributors to be announced...