M.E / CFS Awareness and Educational Talks.
A leading International ME expert, Dr. Ros Vallings will give talks in Cork (May 17), Limerick (May 20), Galway (May 21), Sligo (May 23) & Dublin (May 26).
These events are organised as part of ME Awareness month by The Irish ME/CFS Association. www.irishmecfs.org
Dr Ros Vallings brings a wealth of clinical experience from over 50 years dealing with thousands of patients with ME and related conditions. She is also right up-to-date with what happens internationally. She attends the Invest in ME conference each year, the IACFS/ME conferences that are on every 2 years including the one that just took place in Florida last October. In November 2018, she attended a conference organised by the National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases CFS/ME International Conference in Australia.
She has written three books on the subject in recent years: (i) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome M.E. Symptoms, Diagnosis, Management (352 pages); (ii) Managing ME/CFS A Guide for Young People (144 pages) and (iii) 'The Essential Guide to CFS/ME'. We intend to sell these books at the meetings.
Admission is E5, on the door, to help towards the costs of organising these five meetings, and Dr. Vallings' trip. We don’t take pre-bookings but expect the rooms will be big enough to hold the numbers we expect to attend.
- Friday, May 17 7:30 PM: Clayton Hotel Silver Springs Hotel, Tivoli, Cork T23 E244 https://www.claytonhotelsilversprings.com/ . 400 free car parking spaces. Note that this will be in the Meeting and Events Centre of the Silver Springs. This has its own entrance and car parking, though is not far from the main hotel if you go there. Location: https://www.claytonhotelsilversprings.com/maps-and-directi…/ This is being hosted by Yvonne Brewer Spillane
- Monday, May 20: 11:30 AM: Great National South Court Hotel, Raheen Roundabout, Limerick. V94 E77X http://www.southcourthotel.com/ 061 487487. 400 free car parking spaces Location:https://www.southcourthotel.com/…/south_court_location_down… Location:
GPS Coordinates: Latitude 52.62801 Longitude -8.663127 This is being hosted by Sarah Warde, coordinator of the Limerick ME Self-Help Group.
- Tuesday, May 21: 7:30 PM: The Connacht Hotel, Old Dublin Road, Galway H91 K5DD (between the Bon Secour private Hospital (Renmore) and the Eye Cinema - nearer the hospital than the Cinema). https://www.theconnacht.ie Tel: (091) 381200 Free parking (both over and underground). Location: https://www.theconnacht.ie/en/our-hotel-in-galway/ . Latitude: 53.279738650567474 Longitude: -9.022178649902344 This is being hosted by Orla Ní Chomhraí, secretary of the Irish ME/CFS Association and coordinator of the Galway ME/CFS Support Group.
- Thursday May 23: 7:30 PM: Glasshouse Hotel, The Glasshouse, Swan Point, Sligo, F91 NCA4 https://www.theglasshouse.ie . Telephone: (071) 919 4300. According to the website there is "ample car parking for delegates". Location: https://www.theglasshouse.ie/location.html GPS Co-ordinates +54° 16' 21.69" -8° 28' 30.42" This is being hosted by Ruth Flood.
- Sunday, May 26: 2:30 PM: Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport Old Airport Rd Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport, Old Airport Rd, Cloghran, Co Dublin, K67P5C7, Ireland. T: (01) 8667507 www.carltondublinairport.com Free car parking (you may need to get your ticket validated at reception). Location: http://www.carltondublinairport.com/en/location/ GPS 53º 24' 55" N, 6º -14' -22" W This is being hosted by Vera Kindlon, the Association’s chairperson.
Educational event for GPs: Dr Vallings will also be giving an educational talk to GPs (only) on Saturday May 25th 2019 in the Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport (details of hotel above) at 9.15am - 12 noon . This event is organised by the Irish Me/CFS association and the Irish ME Trust. To register for the GP only talk please contact 087 9653431 or email@example.com