Workplace Diversity and Cross-Cultural Competency Workshop
Organised by: INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Workshop on Workplace Diversity, Equality and Cross-Cultural Competency is specifically designed to improve attendees Cross-Cultural Competency in our diversely populated world.
The whole world is gradually becoming a global village with diverse groups of people and races of varying psychosocial disposition and ideologies coming together within the workplace.
Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Time: 10am to 3pm
Location: BASE Enterprise Centre, Blanchardstown Dublin 15
“A shop owner who reprimanded a pregnant employee about her appearance and said that she needed to look better and appear happy has been ordered to pay €18,000”.
Early in the year, “an employee who was asked at an interview whether he should be “taking it easier” at his age, was ordered to make €20,000 payment and review its employment policies.”
Beginning with the acknowledgment of the realisation that cultural diversity has become a norm in any modern-day cosmopolitan society, participants will be exposed to a series of audio-visual contents that emphasises the actual benefits realisable from multicultural competency.
Developed to purposefully guide participants towards consciously changing/reinforcing their attitudes, opinions, points of view and outlook on Diversity and Equality, the workshop aim at closing trainees' knowledge /attitude gap.
Delegates are expected, at the end of the workshop to be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of diversity awareness aligning the principle with the organisational values, good practice and legal requirements.
- Discuss the positive impact and the innate skill sets that may exist within a diverse team.
- Illustrate the importance of working with colleagues and clients in a respectful manner giving examples of actions/inaction that may cause offence in the workplace.
- Justify diversity in today's workplace with the ability to distinguish between an act of discrimination or otherwise in the workplace.
- Explain the process to follow in the case of a workplace discrimination
To register simply send an email with the subject “April 2019 Workplace Diversity and Cross-Cultural Competency Workshop”, stating your full name and job function to email@example.com